Static or dynamic?

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Static or dynamic?

Postby timidlovable on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:25 am

Hello,

is it possible for any one to tell me weather an IP is static or dynamic if i give you the ip?

and more over, is it possible for cyber sleuths who dig up tracing emails, will they can find the sender's email id from an header which doesnt have the TO and FROM mail ids(censored)

and some say that they can even read the email messages body from the message id itself?

is it possible
timidlovable
n00b

Postby robocoder on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 am

The IP number itself doesn't tell you whether it's static or dynamic. Sometimes doing a reverse lookup will give a hostname that suggests whether it is static or dynamic.

The "From" field can't be relied on, even when it isn't censored. So, no...not without help from the ISP and law enforcement to track down who was using a particular IP address at some date/time.

The message ID is a one-way hash. It's generally not perceived to be some lossless compression of the message body. But I suppose it's possible someone could use it for steganography.
robocoder
Veteran

thks. but

Postby timidlovable on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:21 am

hello sir,

thks but can u tell me how to reverse look an IP. i have an Ip and i need to chk weather it is static or dyamic is there any online service or tool for it?

can u guide me
timidlovable
n00b

Return to IP Address Lookup