How often is the Database updated?

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

How often is the Database updated?

Postby richardhertz on Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:52 am

I've updated my IP a few times, and it still does not appear in the database. How often do you update the IP database?

Also, do you have specific instructions how to upload the databse file to a mySQL server for complete MySQL idiots like myself?
richardhertz
n00b

Re: How often is the Database updated?

Postby bfolkens on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:03 am

richardhertz wrote:I've updated my IP a few times, and it still does not appear in the database. How often do you update the IP database?

Also, do you have specific instructions how to upload the databse file to a mySQL server for complete MySQL idiots like myself?

If you update a single ip-location it should appear immediately. Netblock uploads take a few days usually (or sometimes are immediate) depending on my workload since I validate them manually...
bfolkens
Site Admin

Postby needip on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:44 am

Brad

since you are the moderator i figured i check with you.

I started a question called why a diff IP address, in the last 2 days.

Your data base shows the location of an IP address as Austin, TX but all other searches i do just gives me Inktomi, in Sunnyvale CA, i know this is a sub of YAhoo.

Would you know the answer ? Why Austin?
needip
n00b

Postby bfolkens on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:25 pm

needip wrote:Brad

since you are the moderator i figured i check with you.

I started a question called why a diff IP address, in the last 2 days.

Your data base shows the location of an IP address as Austin, TX but all other searches i do just gives me Inktomi, in Sunnyvale CA, i know this is a sub of YAhoo.

Would you know the answer ? Why Austin?

Paste the IPs here and I'll take a look - but do check to see if the answer is being "guessed" for you on the main page - many people get confused by this.
bfolkens
Site Admin

Return to IP Address Lookup