hostip lookups using Postgres

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

hostip lookups using Postgres

Postby mbethke on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:37 am

I just started using the hostip data set with a Postgres database which looked (and still does) like the perfect tool for the job due to its network data type support that makes CIDR block searches trivial. To also make it efficient, I wrote a small Perl script that coalesces neighboring /24 nets, thus reducing the whole data set from ~8.4 M network->country mappings (I don't need city information so this is all I'm using ATM) to some 250 K. A bzipped database dump is just 1 MB, as compared to 20 MB for the CSV, so I was wondering if this (converted to CSV as well instead of a Postgres-specific dump) couldn't be used as a distribution format? It's obvious you shouldn't rsync a 120 MB file daily but with a mere meg it wouldn't kill your servers.
Expanding the file to the full redundancy of the current format so as not to break compatibility with other tools is simple :)
mbethke
n00b

Why are lace wigs so popular

Postby bcde130 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:50 am

Lace Wig began as the best kept secret in hair styling innovation for celebrities. Now Full Lace wigs
are available for the convenience and affordability of the every day diva. Lace wigs offer a semipermanent
solution to hair replacement. Lace Front Wig is designed to look natural, as if you’re not wearing a Wig at all. The lace is attached to the perimeter of the natural hairline, creating a natural looking hair line and a realistic looking scalp. You can manage human hair lace wigs just as your own human hair wig.
bcde130
Novice

Return to IP Address Lookup