adding google maps locating feature?

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

adding google maps locating feature?

Postby smokeonit on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:50 am

i was thinking why not adding a feature that lets users add their location as precise as the know where they acutally are instead of the status quo that is just using a city or region as a basis...

if one knows which neighborhood or street she/he is in then it would be could to have a google maps interface that lets one place a marker @ that location.

i think with the help of all of us we could make this database much more precise, not just on the city/region level but precise to the block of a neighborhood... more precise is probably not a good idea for privacy reasons and there's too many dynamic ip that might stay in the same neighboorhood but not in the same block...
smokeonit
n00b

Glad to see this opinion!

Postby bcde130 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:49 am

Glad to see this opinion!
All the prisoners of the Missouri penitentiary are let out to contractors, with the exception of those maple story mesos needed to do the work about the prison.

The work consists chiefly of making saddle-trees and shoes. Several large three-story buildings are used in furnishing room for the convicts while at labor. Those cheap maple story mesos contractors who have been at the prison for some time have grown rich buy maple story mesos.

They get their men for forty-five cent a day, on an average. To buy guild wars gold have their choice of prisoners as they come in. Those convicts designated scrubs, do the work for the State. Cheap guild wars gold The contractors are charged with controlling the prison.
bcde130
Novice

Re: adding google maps locating feature?

Postby Gaspar on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 pm

smokeonit wrote:i was thinking why not adding a feature that lets users add their location as precise as the know where they acutally are instead of the status quo that is just using a city or region as a basis...

if one knows which neighborhood or street she/he is in then it would be could to have a google maps interface that lets one place a marker @ that location.

i think with the help of all of us we could make this database much more precise, not just on the city/region level but precise to the block of a neighborhood... more precise is probably not a good idea for privacy reasons and there's too many dynamic ip that might stay in the same neighboorhood but not in the same block...

When an IP is dynamic, the results query will show you the location if the ISP.
As for the Google maps, there are many websites that display the google map for ip address lookups.
Check this one for instance : http://www.ipgp.net but the results are not 100% accurate. I think it is about 92%.
Gaspar
n00b

Return to IP Address Lookup