Israel ISP's info

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Israel ISP's info

Postby idan on Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:09 pm

hello there,

1st i wanted to say you are doing really fine work with this Db, as it's really something i've been looking for a while now.
been needed some updated datavase to combine with ip-atlas script to get my visual map required.

anyhow, wanted to let you know that for Isarel ISP, 99% of all ISPs are using DHCP and once u have 1 ip, u can fill the rest of the that range for it.

i'll explain:
if for example u get that ip range of (217.132.1.1) is Israel (which it IS TRUE : the isp is NetVision btw, located @ Haifa)
then 217.132.2.x & 217.132.100.x and all 217.132.x.x are ALL belong some same ISP & same location.
so if possible to update your DB that if match for Israel, then put in datavase math for all ###.###.xxx.xxx as well.

i will also will try to provide u with a list of some majors ISPs in Israel & their ranges by next week - i used to work @ helpdesk for one, and i'm familiar with it.

waiting for your reply.
idan
Expert

Re: Israel ISP's info

Postby bfolkens on Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:53 am

idan wrote:hello there,

1st i wanted to say you are doing really fine work with this Db, as it's really something i've been looking for a while now.
been needed some updated datavase to combine with ip-atlas script to get my visual map required.

anyhow, wanted to let you know that for Isarel ISP, 99% of all ISPs are using DHCP and once u have 1 ip, u can fill the rest of the that range for it.

i'll explain:
if for example u get that ip range of (217.132.1.1) is Israel (which it IS TRUE : the isp is NetVision btw, located @ Haifa)
then 217.132.2.x & 217.132.100.x and all 217.132.x.x are ALL belong some same ISP & same location.
so if possible to update your DB that if match for Israel, then put in datavase math for all ###.###.xxx.xxx as well.

i will also will try to provide u with a list of some majors ISPs in Israel & their ranges by next week - i used to work @ helpdesk for one, and i'm familiar with it.

waiting for your reply.

Thank you for that help - The best way to make changes like this is through the "netblock upload" from the front page. We definitely appreciate the large datasets tho, as it helps define a larger portion of the address space...
bfolkens
Site Admin

Return to IP Address Lookup