rsync://

Development discussion about the hostip.info codebase, libraries, and database

Moderator: Moderators

rsync://

Postby Mister on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:14 am

Hi there using rsyn ... well never has .. I know i can read me to it but of somene can help it gets mutch easier.

Well I have rsync running on my Win XP machine. (using Cygwin) (THX google for that)

I can connect to rsync://hostip.info/hostip (list the structure)

What i want to know is the commandline you use to fetch info and as you said
Please don't use this as a leech service. If you plan on doing daily updates - leave the copy around so rsync can do it's job and only transfer the changed bytes. Let it do what it's good at :)

So is it like
Code: Select all
rsync -u src=? rsync://hostip.info/hostip

The main reson Im asking is that im working on a function (in php) who use you great db . Im running the db localy at my own server (but the script using you GET api atm (you have more updated db ;-) ))

TO bad you have disable PM. Well guess mail will work .. :D
<?
echo "Creating GE-GEOIP";
echo "Using hostip.info db :-)";
?>
Mister
n00b

Re: rsync://

Postby bfolkens on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:14 am

Mister wrote:Hi there using rsyn ... well never has .. I know i can read me to it but of somene can help it gets mutch easier.

Well I have rsync running on my Win XP machine. (using Cygwin) (THX google for that)

I can connect to rsync://hostip.info/hostip (list the structure)

What i want to know is the commandline you use to fetch info and as you said
Please don't use this as a leech service. If you plan on doing daily updates - leave the copy around so rsync can do it's job and only transfer the changed bytes. Let it do what it's good at :)

So is it like
Code: Select all
rsync -u src=? rsync://hostip.info/hostip

The main reson Im asking is that im working on a function (in php) who use you great db . Im running the db localy at my own server (but the script using you GET api atm (you have more updated db ;-) ))

TO bad you have disable PM. Well guess mail will work .. :D

I updated the 'download' section of the site to reflect these instructions... Sorry it was kinda vague ;)
bfolkens
Site Admin

Postby Mister on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:38 am

Great now I get the files ... uhm now I just need to figureout how to use the db (looks diffrent from the 500mb I dl).. Well I just make my PHP :wink: I love PHP :D
<?
echo "Creating GE-GEOIP";
echo "Using hostip.info db :-)";
?>
Mister
n00b

Return to Hostip.info code/database devel