Other Languages

Development discussion about the hostip.info codebase, libraries, and database

Moderator: Moderators

Other Languages

Postby timgaunt on Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi,

I'm primarily a M$ based developer (no ridicule please :P) but I was wondering whether anyone had tried to port the code over to ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server?

I've made a start on it this afternoon and if you feel its something that would be of use I don't mind uploading the code etc, you could easily set it up as an ASP.NET webservice/control too

Well thats just some thoughts and I was wondering what you're opinions were...

Tim
timgaunt
n00b

Re: Other Languages

Postby bfolkens on Fri May 27, 2005 6:51 am

timgaunt wrote:Hi,

I'm primarily a M$ based developer (no ridicule please :P) but I was wondering whether anyone had tried to port the code over to ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server?

I've made a start on it this afternoon and if you feel its something that would be of use I don't mind uploading the code etc, you could easily set it up as an ASP.NET webservice/control too

Well thats just some thoughts and I was wondering what you're opinions were...

Tim

Tim,

I'm always welcome to new API's, etc - I'm sure people would find it very useful!
bfolkens
Site Admin

Re: Other Languages

Postby timgaunt on Sat May 28, 2005 5:55 am

Cool, well so far I've had the chance to DTS the database over though there was a problem with null and IP4_24 and IP4_241 so I need to do a data check but will get around to writing the service in the next few days hopefully and will keep yuou posted :)

Tim
timgaunt
n00b

Return to Hostip.info code/database devel