hiding an IP address

Discussion about internet privacy - what this means... etc

Moderator: Moderators

Re: hiding an IP address

Postby sharon on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:50 am

justlooking wrote:Does a program like iprivacytools block a moderator from seeing your IP address at a forum, or do they have other ways of knowing who you are? I thought that I may have to delete my cookies, too? I was wondering if this program really works or if you still can be discovered?

Thanks!

If the program change your ip address to anonymous proxy server address then your real ip address will be not seeing at a forum.They will see proxy server ip address.
sharon
n00b

Postby mecdarkend on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:40 pm

justlooking wrote:Does a program like iprivacytools block a moderator from seeing your IP address at a forum, or do they have other ways of knowing who you are? I thought that I may have to delete my cookies, too? I was wondering if this program really works or if you still can be discovered?

Proxying software is designed around certain assumptions (varying from one to the next): if you break those assumptions, you might not obtain the level of anonymity you expect. For example, if you were using proxies, but not deleting cookies, then it might become apparent to the moderators of web fora you visit that you are in fact using proxies. After all, if someone with a uniquely identifying cookie who last logged in from (apparently) Salzburg, Austria, returned ten minutes later from (apparently) Hokkaido, Japan and logged into the very same user account.,, well, you get the picture.

I certainly hope no-one here is planning to use proxies to create sockpuppets at some web forum where that is prohibited, incidently--- that can be real headache for moderators whose job it is to cajole everyone into behaving within the rules. Remember, it's their forum, so they get to set the rules; if you want to participate there, you are obliged to follow these rules. And yes, there are usually "other ways". So-called "anonymity tools" rarely if ever provide true anonymity, they only make it harder to ferret out your true identity. If you are not causing trouble, the general idea behing using anonymizers is that it probably won't be worth anyone's while to put two and two together, repeatedly, until they arrive at your name and address. If you are misbehaving, it might be worth the trouble to unmask you.
mecdarkend
mecdarkend
n00b

Postby Lucian on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:05 am

you can use proxies, just go to sites like proxy4free.net , and set up them in your browser, it is easy.
Lucian
n00b

aoc

Postby wewetq7011980 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:52 am

wewetq7011980
n00b

wow

Postby wewetq7011980 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:40 am

wewetq7011980
n00b

The best departmental Store in UK

Postby seoceo2008 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:19 pm

The UK’s leading departmental store welcomes you at its outlet of various shopping and electronic stuff. These items are fashion, photography, electronics, jewelry, beauty products, watches, computer & IT, instruments, video games, house and home stuff, nursery, furniture, sports and fitness, garden and DVDs. These items are available at cheap prices and are reliable. This outlet has a lasting score of items. These items are masterpieces and cheap by any test. Therefore, shop-direct.com offers this opportunity for you to be part of the stylish world.
Most importantly Ugg Boots UK, Cameras UK, Electronics UK, Jewellery UK and Watches UK are available with best designs of today’s world. cheap Ugg Boots UK are stylish and trendy in such a way that that you will find yourself short to choose the best out of best because these shops have a reasonably outstanding variety. Cameras UK are better electronic devices which can provide you mega pixel ratio with best results. You may have never seen such variety of cameras anywhere which you can find over here at Shop-direct.com. This Cameras Uk are the best cameras available in the whole Europe at comparatively cheap prices. Similarly, this outlet also provides you a huge variety of electronics. Electronics UK at shop-direct include a significant variety on cheap prices. These electronics UK can be compared in quality and making with any other outlet’s electronic devices because we do not claim only but our products can tell you the very fact about.
However, not only the cameras UK, UggBoots UK and Electronics UK are available at affordable rates but our jewellery UK is also an outclassed invention in the field of ornaments. The jewellery UK can be shipped to anywhere easily at considerable rates and comparable prices. This jewellery UK has many designs according to the moving trends of world. These jewellery UK designs are different and unique. These jewellery UK ornaments are so carefully made that you can give them to your beloved ones as a different but beautiful piece of love.
However, besides these cameras UK, Ugg Boot UK, Electronics UK and Jewellery UK; watches Uk are also best wrist watches of all the times. This Watches UK are available at cheap prices which are parcels for the present new styles and old styles. This Watches UK are standard watches in the row of best wrist watches and wall clocks.
The whole major list such as Cameras UK, cheap Uggs UK, Electronics UK, Jewellery UK and Watches UK are the best choices with dashing variety. These items are in differentiating variety at cheap prices. These Ugg Boots UK, Cameras UK, Electronics UK, Jewellery UK and Watches UK are world class.
This outlet invites you to buy the best products of the century. These products can be obtained easily. You can buy whatever you want of them. These products can be got on cheap prices. These products such as Cameras UK, Ugg Boots UK, Electronics UK, Jewellery UK and Watches UK can be shipped overseas easily.
seoceo2008
n00b

good book

Postby Loruoo22 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 am

It's that time of year when we pack up our bags and head to the beach for the day to enjoy those warm sunrays and the refreshing sound of the lapping water.

So what constitutes a good beach wardrobe. Well there are certain essentials that none of us forget. On goes the swimsuit and bathing suit cover, flip flops on our feet. Beach bag has been packed with the essentials - sunglasses, floppy hat, towel and a good book. Great - got the basics covered but what about the rest.
wow gold
So if we are so prepared for a day at the beach, why is it by the time we get home we look pretty worn. Here are some helpful tips to make your day at the beach fun and keep you looking fashion fresh all day and all the way Home.
wow gold
First before you leave Home, if you've got long hair pull it into a high pony tail or fun knot. Use some funky hair accessories that will stay in place when you're swimming. Try a fun colored bobble or some firm fastening clips in bright summer colors. If you pull your hair up your neck will stay cool and you'll look fresh all day with your neat hairdo.
maple story powerleveling
Second slather yourself in sunscreen before leaving the house, then toss the sunscreen in your bag so you can reapply after a swim or every few hours. A sunburn is not only unhealthy and painful, it's unattractive, so don't let yourself turn into the lobster of the day. Your sunscreen should be a SPF of 15. It doesn't hurt to use a strong SPF on your face or your entire body if you burn easily.
Your beach bag should be large enough to hold your supplies for the day. Why not get something fun and fashionable to keep you looking fashion fresh. Make sure you've got all the daily essentials in your bag - sunglasses, sunscreen, a good book, a floppy hat, some lip gloss, and any other makeup touch ups you'll want. If you plan to wear eye makeup make sure it's waterproof. Stay away from heavy foundations. If you must apply something use a bronzer moisturizer. It's also a good idea to bring lip balm with an SPF15 to protect your lips. It never hurts to put some moisturizer in the bag. Include a snack and plenty of fluids. It's important not to get dehydrated.
Okay great we've got the basics covered now what about the wardrobe basics? If you're planning to wear a swimsuit it's usually easiest to put it on at Home, that way you're not chasing down change rooms. So great - first on goes the swimsuit. Now what to wear for a cover? Well you've got plenty of choices. A tank top and shorts, tank and skort, or a nice light cotton dress all work well over top. Choose something that's easy to put on and take off, and choose fabrics that breathe to keep you cool. I also suggest including a long sleeved cotton blouse just incase you start to burn you can protect your shoulders and arms
Loruoo22
n00b

Postby genericpills on Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 am

Hey Girls! I was very unsure of clomid at first, but after my second month of clomid 50mg on days 5-9 we got a +++ test. I will be 11wks on Friday. So, hang in there...clomid seems to be a great "helper!" We had been trying for over a year on our own with no success eventhough we have a 2 yr old little girl who was conceived w/o any meds.

i go it it there:

genericpills
n00b

Postby anurdh65 on Tue May 26, 2009 6:00 am

thank for your information . For long days i searched these only.
anurdh65
n00b

Return to Internet Privacy