This would be a really good and fast way of contributing!

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

This would be a really good and fast way of contributing!

Postby FW4 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:00 pm

On the upper right corenr, there's the IP/city thing, saying "xxx, xxx"
With a link "make a correction"

when wrong, ppl should update, of course

but! it would be so much faster if this was a sort of IFRAME or whatever that you can put on a website, so anyone can make corrections from anywhere, even without knowing the URL/existance of hostip.info

voila :-)

these are my two cents
FW4
Expert

Re: This would be a really good and fast way of contributing

Postby bfolkens on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 am

FW4 wrote:On the upper right corenr, there's the IP/city thing, saying "xxx, xxx"

but! it would be so much faster if this was a sort of IFRAME or whatever that you can put on a website, so anyone can make corrections from anywhere, even without knowing the URL/existance of hostip.info

these are my two cents

Not a bad idea - we were even considering a little javascript thingy (much like google adsense does) that would respond to the request without pulling you off the client page (via AJAX) - still considering ways to do it tho, and your IFRAME idea seems like a good idea as well...
bfolkens
Site Admin

Re: This would be a really good and fast way of contributing

Postby FW4 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:20 am

bfolkens wrote:
FW4 wrote:On the upper right corenr, there's the IP/city thing, saying "xxx, xxx"

these are my two cents

Not a bad idea - we were even considering a little javascript thingy (much like google adsense does) that would respond to the request without pulling you off the client page (via AJAX) - still considering ways to do it tho, and your IFRAME idea seems like a good idea as well...

yeah AJAX is even better :-)
I mean, what's better than the person's info itself right?

HOWEVER! Do multiple checks, so let's say if 5 ppl within a same IP range say they're from Paris, ok, they are. Don't accept just ANY city after the 1st one :)
FW4
Expert

Return to IP Address Lookup