help please I have a connevtion problem

General Discussion about IP Address Lookup caveats, technology, ideas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

help please I have a connevtion problem

Postby richard on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi I am not a computer wizz and have a real problem trying to get my laptop to work wirelessly. It all appears to 'see' the router (Livebox) but has limited connectivity due to NO IP address. The laptop worked just fine before I relocated to a new address in France can anyone assist please. Currently if I go into network connections and click repair it states 'windows is renewing your IP address, however after some minutes it says it couldn't complete it. Contact network manager! Well thats me. The rouetr should run my pc via ethernet and a laptop via a dongle. I am at my wits end so if anyone can assist it would be great but be warned I need step by step type help. I am a complete pleb in this situation! :oops:
richard
n00b

Postby robocoder on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:44 pm

I presume your equipment was powered off and disconnected for the move. It sounds like your router and/or laptop's network configuration is no longer appropriate/valid for your new location. Contact your ISP's technical support. You'll probably need to wire connect your laptop to the router to make the necessary configuration changes before you can switch back to wireless operation.
robocoder
Veteran

Return to IP Address Lookup